Frequently Asked Questions
When is the next Night to Shine event?
February 7th 2020
Where is the event being hosted?
Night to Shine is hosted by hundreds of churches around the world.
What does each volunteer role involve?
- Bathroom Assistant – Help guest find restroom/assist getting in/out of stall, hand washing etc.
- Buddy – accompany & assist guest throughout the evening, providing companionship & any assistance they may need during the event
- Crown Table – Make sure all guests receive crown/tiara at designated time
- Dance Floor – Monitor & encourage guests to dance
- Floater – “float” around event to see if assistance is needed
- Flowers – help guests select and pin on corsages/boutonniers
- Food – assist with set up of food/serve food to guests/keep food table filled
- Gift Table – provide each guest with a gift bag upon leaving the event
- Guest Registration – greet guests, sign them in, provide name tags and assist with non-registered guests
- Hair – provide simple hair styles/touch-ups (certified cosmetology personnel preferred)
- Karaoke – assist with karaoke set-up and encourage guests to participate
- Makeup – provide simple makeup services (certified cosmetology personnel preferred)
- Medical – assist uniformed professional EMT personnel at event by providing basic first aid (Certified Medical Personnel Preferred)
- Paparazzi Team – cheer on guests/take pictures as guest walk down the red carpet
- Parking Team – Manage parking area/direct traffic/assist guest/volunteers upon arrival and exiting
- Party Bus/Limo – chaperone guests/volunteers during party bus/limo ride
- Photo Booth – assist with photo booth setup and activities
- Photography – take highly quality photos for social media pages/required photo submission after event
- Red Carpet – Assist Announcer and guests as they walk the red carpet
- Respite/Caregiver Room – assist with serving caregivers and entertainment
- Security – assist uniformed law enforcement personnel by ensuring safe and secure environment
- Sensory Room – spend time with guests who may have become over stimulated
- Shoe Shine – shine guest’s shoes
- Tear Down – clean up after event/take down decorations, tables, chairs etc.
- Videography – take high quality video for church/required video clip submission after event
- Volunteer Check-in – Greet volunteers, provide name tags and direct them to assigned area